1. Your rental contract with us
By signing the attached Vehicle Rental Agreement you will have accepted the conditions set out in this rental agreement. Please read this agreement carefully. If there is anything you do not understand, please ask us before you take the vehicle. All references to “we” and “us” means Interim Vehicle Contracts Limited.
2. Rental period
You will have booked the vehicle for the rental period shown in the agreement. We may agree to extend the rental period and if agreed will provide formal written approval. If you do not bring the vehicle back on time you are breaking the conditions of this agreement. Until we get the vehicle back we will charge you the rate published at time of booking.
3. Your responsibilities
- You must look after the vehicle and the keys to the vehicle. You must always lock the vehicle when you are not using it, and use any security device fitted to or supplied with the vehicle. You must always protect the vehicle against bad weather which can cause damage. You must make sure that you use the correct fuel.
- You are responsible for any damage to the vehicle.
- You must not sell, rent or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts. You must not give anyone any legal rights over the vehicle.
- You must not let anyone work on the vehicle without our permission. If we do give you permission, we will only give you a refund if you have a receipt for the work.
- You must let us know as soon as you become aware of a fault in the vehicle.
- You must not smoke or allow anyone to smoke in the vehicle. If smoking has been allowed, we reserve the right to charge a £100 valeting fee on return of the vehicle.
- You must bring the vehicle back to the place we agreed and at the agreed time. One of our staff must see the vehicle to check that it is in good condition. If we have agreed that you may return the vehicle outside business hours or if we are collecting the vehicle, you will remain responsible for the vehicle and its condition until it is re-inspected by a member of staff.
- You will have to pay for reasonable costs of repair if:
- we have to pay extra costs to return the vehicle to its condition when the pre-rental inspection was carried out (for example, if extra valeting time or special material or equipment is needed to restore the vehicle to its pre- rental condition); or
- you have damaged the inside or outside of the vehicle.
- Before you bring back the vehicle you must check that you have not left any personal belongings in the vehicle.
4. Our responsibilities
- We have maintained the vehicle to at least the manufacturer’s recommended standard.
- We assure you that the vehicle is roadworthy and suitable for renting at the start of the rental period.
- We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us (such as loss of profits or loss of opportunity).
We are only responsible for loss or damage to property left in the vehicle if the loss or damage results from our gross negligence or a breach of contract.
6. Conditions for using the vehicle
- The vehicle must only be driven by you and any other driver specified below, or by anyone else we authorise in writing.
- Anyone driving the vehicle must have a full valid driving licence and be over the age of 25 years old.
- You or any other authorised driver must not:
- use the vehicle for hire or reward;
- use the vehicle for any illegal purpose;
- use the vehicle for racing, pacemaking, testing the vehicle’s reliability and speed or teaching someone to drive;
- use the vehicle to carry explosive or combustible items;
- use the vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- drive the vehicle outside England, Scotland and Wales, without prior written permission;
- load the vehicle beyond the manufacturer’s maximum weight recommendations and make sure that the load is secured safely;
You or any other authorised driver must not use the vehicle for towing unless we have given you prior written permission.
8. Payment and Charges
Payment is accepted by credit card or bank transfer Under this agreement you will pay the following charges:
- The rental and any other charges advised are governed by this agreement.
- Any charge for loss or damage resulting from any breach arising in connection with condition 3 or 6.
- A refuelling service charge if you have used, and not replaced, the quantity of fuel that we supplied at the start of the original rental. The charge will be based on current fuel costs but will vary according to the current rate at point of refueling.
- All fines and court costs for parking and all other traffic offences (including any costs which arise if the vehicle is clamped. You must pay the appropriate authority any fines and costs if and when the authority demands this payment. If you do not, you will be responsible to pay any administration charges which arise when we deal with these matters.
- The reasonable cost of repairing any damage which was not noted on our vehicle damage control diagram at the start of the agreement, whether you were at fault or not. And the reasonable cost of replacing the vehicle if it is stolen, depending on any cover you have (as set out in 8), if and when we demand this payment.
- A loss-of-income charge, when we demand it, if we cannot rent out the vehicle because it needs to be repaired, it is a write-off (can’t be repaired) or it has been stolen and we are waiting to receive full payment of the vehicle’s value. We will always do everything we can to make sure the vehicle is repaired or we get payment as soon as possible.
- Any charges arising from Customs and Excise seizing the vehicle together with a loss-of-income charge while we cannot rent out the vehicle, if and when we demand this payment.
- Any published rates for delivering and collecting the vehicle if not included in the rental agreement.
- Interest which we will add every day to any amount you do not pay us on time, at the rate of 3% a year above the base lending rate of HSBC.
- Value added tax and all other taxes on any of the charges listed above, as appropriate. You are responsible for all charges, even if you have asked someone else to be responsible for them.
- London congestion charge. However, if the vehicle is delivered within the London Congestion Charge zone, or if we travel through the zone to the delivery/collection location, we will not charge for the first and last day of the rental (currently £11 plus vat per day). You are liable and responsible for any additional days payment if the vehicle is driven in the zone during any other apart of the rental.
9. Excess Damage
Interim Vehicle Contracts Limited will take and hold a £1500 security deposit against any damage to the vehicle on return.
If there are no damages to the vehicle and it is full of the correct fuel, this payment is refundable.
- The rental quote includes comprehensive insurance cover although a standard £1000 excess does apply.
- The amount of excess may vary which we will advise upon rental.
- The minimum age limit for any of our vehicles is 30 years of age
- The maximum age limit for any of our vehicles is currently 70 years of age.
- You must have had no more than 2 motoring convictions exceeding 6 penalty points or been involved in more than one motor accident or claim in the last 3 years. You must not have had your licence suspended or been declined motor insurance in the last 5 years.
- You will have held a full UK/EU licence for a period of 2 years.
- Persons not British or EU citizens are required to have 3 years UK driving experience.
- You may arrange your own insurance cover for the full duration of the rental as long as you can prove that this cover is valid and have signed the confirmation over the page. Interim Vehicle Contracts Limited will request a copy of the comprehensive insurance policy to be held on file.
- We have to agree to the amount of cover you arrange, the type of policy and the insurer you have chosen. Interim Vehicle Contracts Limited must be satisfied with the cover and policy conditions, and you must not change them.
- We may ask your insurers to record our name as owners of the vehicle. If the vehicle is damaged or stolen you will take all steps to facilitate our direct dealing to negotiate with the insurers about whether the vehicle can be repaired or what compensation is due to us.
- You are financially responsible for settling the full claim and paying all costs if the policy you have arranged fails and the vehicle is damaged, lost or stolen, or a claim as made by any other party.
11. Period of Hire
Unless agreed with us in advance, no hire, or series of repeat hires, is to exceed 90 days in duration.
12. What to do if you have an accident
- If you have an accident please contact Interim Vehicle Contracts Limited immediately. (Tel: 0207 788 7913)
- You must not admit responsibility. You should get the names and addresses and insurance details of everyone involved, including witnesses.
- You must:
- make the vehicle secure;
- advise the police straight away if anyone is injured or there is a disagreement over who is responsible;
- call our nearest office straight away.
- You must then fill in our accident report form and send it to: Interim Vehicle Contracts Limited, 23 Berkeley Square, Mayfair, London. W1J 6HE or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our vehicles are fitted with tracking devices and your vehicle will be tracked for asset recovery and cover purpose or in the event of unauthorised usage.
Rates include unlimited mileage (except those vehicles shown on the website). Any additional mileage travelled will be charged at the excess rate shown.
14. Driving Licence
- You must produce a valid full UK/EU driving licence (held for at least two years) at the time of hire.
- If you hold a UK driving licence you will need to bring the ID card and provide your national insurance number for verification purposes.
- The hirer/driver must not have received more than 6 points or more than 2 licence endorsements within the last 3 years.
- We will also require additional proof of identity such as a passport and proof of address.
- Fuel is not included in the rental price.
- You are responsible for ensuring the correct fuel is used.
- If the wrong fuel is used you are liable for all costs including recovery and repair.
- All vehicles leave our locations with a full tank of fuel.
- Provided the vehicle is returned with a full tank of fuel, no refuelling charge is payable.
- If a vehicle is returned not full of fuel, will refuel the vehicle on your behalf.
- The price to refuel a vehicle is currently £1.30 per litre inclusive of vat but will vary according to current rate at point of refuelling.
16. Foreign Travel
You may not take any vehicle out of England, Scotland or Wales without prior written authority.
Vehicles taken abroad will be subject to a rate surcharge mileage limitation (typically 100 miles per day), and additional insurance cover.
- Over 48 hours: No charge.
- Up to 48 hours before agreed hire: 1 Day’s rental.
- No show: 1 Day’s rental plus any delivery charge (if applicable).
16. Termination of the rental agreement
- If you are a private individual we will cancel this agreement immediately if we find out that your belongings have been taken away from you to pay off your debts, or a receiving order has been made against you. We may end this agreement if you do not meet the main requirements of this agreement.
- If you are a company, we will end this agreement immediately if:
- you go into liquidation;
- you call a meeting of creditors;
- we find out that your goods have been taken away from you until you pay off your debts; or you do not meet an of the conditions of this agreement.
- If we end this agreement it will not affect our right to receive any money we are owed under the conditions of this agreement. We can also claim reasonable costs from you if you do not meet the main requirements of this agreement. We can repossess the vehicle and charge you a reasonable amount without limitation including the costs of recovery from a relevant third party to repossess the vehicle.
18. Governing law
This agreement is governed by the laws of England. Any dispute may be settled in the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.